What Matters Most: Improving the Patient Experience CME
Are you looking for innovative ways to improve your patients’ experiences?
Numerous studies have shown that a patient’s primary health care experience and, to some extent, their health care outcomes are largely dependent upon health care provider and patient interactions. That is why Wellpoint offers an online learning site called My Diverse Patients.
Through use of compelling real-life stories and practical strategies for implementing patient care, learn how to apply best practices and communicate with your diverse patient population.
Take the course!
Our course, What Matters Most: Improving the Patient Experience, can be accessed using your smartphone, tablet or computer. Continuing medical education (CME) credits are available for this and many other courses.
Did you know?
- Substantial evidence points to a positive association between the patient experience and health outcomes
- Patients with chronic conditions, such as diabetes, demonstrate greater self-management skills and quality of life when they report positive interactions with their health care providers
- Patients reporting the poorest-quality relationships with their physicians were three times more likely to voluntarily leave the physician's practice than patients with the highest-quality relationships
How will this benefit you and your office staff?
You’ll learn tips and techniques to:
- Improve communication skills
- Build patient trust and commitment
- Expand your knowledge of the Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS®)* survey
*CAHPS® is a registered trademark of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ).
Like you, Wellpoint is committed to improving the patient experience in all interactions, and we are proud to work collaboratively with our provider network to provide support and tools to reach our goal.
My Diverse Patients
The My Diverse Patient website offers learning experiences and resources to help you provide the individualized care every patient deserves, regardless of their diverse backgrounds.
Provider tools and resources
Interested in becoming a provider in our network?
We look forward to working with you to provide quality service for our members.Join our network