Contact Wellpoint New Jersey, Inc.
Email a Provider Experience associate
Did you know that most questions and issues can be resolved by using the Wellpoint provider self-service tools? Please use Availity for inquiries like payment disputes, provider data updates, claims status, member eligibility, etc. You can also live chat with a Wellpoint associate from within the Availity Portal.
For other issues, you can message the Provider Experience team. Your Provider Experience representative will respond – usually within two business days.
- TTY: 711
When members need information and education about medical conditions, health care and prevention, our 24-hour Nurse HelpLine provides them with triage services and helps direct them to appropriate levels of care. We have listed the 24-hour Nurse HelpLine telephone number on our members’ ID cards to ensure they can access health care information whenever they need it.
Our Nurse HelpLine offers:
- Availability 24/7
- Information based on nationally recognized and accepted guidelines
- Translation services in 150 different languages and for members with difficulty hearing
- Education for members about appropriate alternatives for handling non-emergent medical conditions
- Member's assessment reports faxed to provider's office within 24 hours of receipt of the call
- Monthly postcards mailed to members who have accessed the emergency room in the past month to reinforce the importance of notifying the primary care provider of health concerns
- TTY: 711
Teladoc physician consultation services are available through the 24-hour Nurse HelpLine 24/7 for our Medicare Advantage members.
Our care managers are licensed nurses and social workers and are available from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Eastern time, Monday to Friday. Confidential voice mail is available 24 hours a day.
Provider tools & resources
- Log in to Availity
- Launch Provider Learning Hub
- Learn about Availity
- Prior Authorization lookup tool
- Prior Authorization requirements
- Claims overview
- Member eligibility & pharmacy overview
- Provider manual and guides
- Training Academy
- Pharmacy information
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)