For provider questions and claims issues:
24-hour Nurse HelpLine
When members need information and education about medical conditions, healthcare and prevention, our 24-hour Nurse HelpLine provides them with triage services and helps direct them to appropriate levels of care. We’ve listed the Nurse HelpLine telephone number on our members’ ID cards to ensure they can access health care information whenever they need it.
Our Nurse HelpLine offers:
- Availability 24/7
- Information based on nationally recognized and accepted guidelines
- Translation services in 150 different languages and for members with difficulty hearing
- Education for members about appropriate alternatives for handling nonemergent medical conditions
- Member's assessment reports faxed to provider's office within 24 hours of receipt of the call
- Monthly postcards mailed to members who have accessed the emergency room in the past month to reinforce the importance of notifying the PCP of health concerns
Teladoc (Medicare Advantage)
Teladoc physician consultation services are available through the Nurse HelpLine 24/7 for our Medicare Advantage members.
Please call 1-888-830-4300 to reach one of our care managers. Your patients can get information about CC program services by visiting Wellpoint .
Email a Provider Experience associate
Did you know that most questions and issues can be resolved by using the Wellpoint provider self-service tools? Please use Availity for inquiries like payment disputes, provider data updates, claims status, member eligibility, etc. You can also live chat with a Wellpoint associate from within the Availity Portal.
For other issues, you can message the Provider Experience team. Your Provider Experience representative will respond – usually within two business days.